An Australian Defence & Homeland Security Business Delegation, Comprising of 6 companies, recentely visited New Delhi and Mumbai. The Australian defence homeland & security delegation showcased Australia’s niche expertise and capabilities in defence & homeland security and offered the expertise to the Indian government agencies as well as explored partnership opportunities with suppliers of defence & homeland security equipment in the private sector.
The participants at the Australian Defence & Homeland Business delegation met and interacted with key decision makers in the Home Departments in State Governments; State Police in a few states; Army, Navy, Air Force; Para-Military; Coast Guard. Besides the team also met with Private & Public Sector enterprises catering to the Defence sector. Given that this is the first visit, there is good interest both from the government agencies and the private sector.
Participants at the delegation included
• C&I Projects Group – C&I Projects is an Industry Participation and Offsets advisory group working to structure offset fulfilment projects under India’s defence offset program.
• Deakin University – Deakin University’s Centre for Intelligent Systems Research (CISR) develop semi-autonomous systems.
• Intl. Truth Verification Technologies Institute (ITVT) – Developer & manufacturer of a forensic voice stress analyser software used for detection of deception in vocal responses.
• Leisure Cat Australia – Manufacturers of fibreglass powered catamarans.
• Lockheed Martin Australia Electronic Systems – Lockheed Martin Australia Electronic Systems (LMAES) develops software, integrates hardware, tests and evaluates and delivers total systems.
• SOS Marine – Manufacturer of a wide range of custom engineered safety and survival products for a diversified range of projects and operational requirements, including water rescue and high risk marine tactical situations.
Australia’s defence & homeland security industry defence products and services includes military combat vehicles; complex systems support; naval systems design, engineering, support and shipbuilding. Australia also has expertise in homeland security spans crime and law enforcement; surveillance; border security; intelligence and electronic protection of critical infrastructure.
This delegation is a initiative by the Australian Trade Commission, organised to specifically assist Australian organisations in the Defence and Homeland security business to enter or expand their business in India.Google+